Thank you all for being part of our studio, and for the awesome work you have been putting in so far! We are more than halfway through our fall season, and recitals are right around the corner...please plan on working hard and fast for the next 5-6 weeks so we can put on a great show!
Please read through the following information and read everything that applies to you!
1. Vital Email Correspondence: Typically, the emails you receive from the studio will come from a Robo-Mailer, or automated email system. This way, any faculty member may log in and send an email to their class, or I can send an email to just a specific class or to the whole student group without having to type in 20-150 emails. HOWEVER, I know some of you are not receiving these emails. So far, almost everyone who has had an issue receiving the automated emails has an Allwest email account. I am working with my software customer service to see if we can get in touch with Allwest's email server and see if we can work through this issue. I'm not sure how long the fix will take, or if it will ever work, so if you have an alternate email address, please let me know what it is. If you don't have a different one, you might consider creating a new one through Gmail (less junk - better security) or Hotmail, or something less obscure. You can set it to forward to your preferred address so you don't have to check multiple addresses. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN EMAIL THAT CAN SPEAK WITH OUR SYSTEM, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO CHECK IN AT THE OFFICE TO SEE WHAT ANNOUNCEMENTS YOU ARE MISSING. I don't want to be crazy or demanding, but there is no way I can keep everyone in the loop if I don't have an email address that can receive emails from me. Check your spam and your junk, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list, and if that doesn't work, please get an alternate email address worked out. Update us at the front desk when you have your new email address.
2. Costumes for New Jazz Students: I will be sending home notes with new jazz students this week regarding costumes. Every jazz students needs a class costume (never more than $50), light suntan stirrup tights, and carmel/tan jazz shoes for the recital. Please come in to the lobby to pay for your costume and order any tights and shoes, if necessary. The cost of the costume will be automatically added to your account in the month of November if it hasn't been added already. This is our second and final year of using the same costumes (for most classes). These costumes will be worn for the December and May recitals. Moving forward, it may become necessary to plan on a new costume each year, as the availability of costumes in the 2nd year is becoming less and less consistent.
3. October Tuition and Fees: There are lots of unpaid balances this month. For the month of October, ballet costumes fees and the first round of competition fees were due in addition to tuition. Auto-Pay ONLY pulls out your tuition, so if you have additional fees, they must be paid online or in person at the studio. If you're not sure how to access your online parent portal, please let me know so I can send you that information. Late fees for unpaid October balances will be added on Nov 1. Please get your balances taken care of.
4. Recital Dates: The middle school is having some work done on their auditorium, so they have asked us to book the High School for our Nutcracker performance. I have contacted the High School but haven't heard back regarding availability. We are still working toward a Dec 6th performance date for Nutcracker (dress rehearsal on Dec 5th), and hope this will all work out. For the jazz/hip hop/ballroom recital, we have asked for any day during the 2nd week of December or as late as Tuesday, Dec 16th. We would love to have our recital done with before all your holiday festivities kick into high gear. I will update you as soon as I have the final word on performance dates.
5. Nutcracker Ticketing: As we near the Nutcracker performance, complimentary tickets will be coming home with your students for Nutcracker based on the number of ballet dancers you have. Additional tickets will be available for purchase at the door at the time of the performance.
6. Nutcracker Volunteers: If you would like to volunteer any of your time, Alyssa could certainly use a few parent helpers as we prepare for Nutcracker. We have a stage set to produce, rental costumes to label/organize, and many other little things. Let me know if you're interested and I will get Alyssa your contact info.
7. Important Things in November: Please be aware of the following things happening in November:
-Costume Fees due for all competitive teams
-Christmas Orders due by Thanksgiving (Warm Ups, Bags, Competition needs, etc)
-Thanksgiving Break (check the lobby for cancelled class dates)
Well, that's all I can think of for now! Please let me know what questions you have! Everyone keeps asking me how dance is going, but the truth is that dance is only going as well as YOU think it is. Please know that I welcome honest feedback and want to make you happy. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to improve your experience. I appreciate all of you and especially your kids! They're amazing and we love them very much. Have a great day!
Owner/Director, Body Motion Dance Company
Owner/Director, Body Motion Dance Company